Why Join NYS-AIMH?
NYS-AIMH aims to be the professional home for all those working with young children and their families. Join NYS-AIMH to help shape education and public awareness of the importance of Infant Mental Health in New York State, and to build your professional portfolio towards Endorsement. We encourage all professionals who work with 0-5 year olds and their families to consider the NYS-AIMH their professional home.
We know that the foundation for a person’s mental health and well-being is established in the earliest years of life, and we understand that we can have an impact on how that foundation is built. Just as building a strong house requires skill and a variety of materials, building well-being requires a knowledgeable workforce, a relationship-focused approach, and an understanding of key principles. Never has this need been more pronounced!
Benefits of membership
- Access to the Infant Mental Health Endorsement
- Once you are registered for the Endorsement, as a NYS-AIMH member, you will be able to start opening your "Portfolio". You will also receive:
technical assistance on how to proceed with the Endorsement process and
access to resources for reflective supervision with certified supervisors
- Calendar of and notices about upcoming training, education, and development workshops and seminars including but not limited to, those sponsored by NYS-AIMH and its partners.
- Reduced rates at sponsored conferences and workshops.
- Discounts on professional materials
- Access to NYS-AIMH's library of resources and publications related to the field
- Neworking and mentoring opportunities through NYS-AIMH's member network
- An opportunity to participate in a professional membership organization of of multidisciplinary colleagues and choose people to lead the Association
- An opportunity to apply to participate on one of NYS-AIMH's Committees and to stand for election to leadership of the Association
- Connection to the Alliance for the Advancement of Infant Mental Health a national consortium of statewide IMH organizations
*For a detailed look at the benefits of being an individual or an organizational member of NYS-AIMH, download a PDF of NYS-AIMH Benefits of Membership