Date(s) - August 7 - August 8
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This course is FREE thanks to the generosity of The New York State Council on Children and Families, through a Preschool Development Birth Through Five Renewal (NYSB5-R) grant, which originates with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration of Children and Families.
THE COURSE – remote on Zoom and requiring a Zoom registration!
There are Two Tracks for the NYS-AIMH Basics Course
Track 1: ____________________________________________________________________
This one is for everyone who works with, or on behalf of very young children, their families and their caregivers. Track 1 is for: Mental health, legal, and Early Intervention, practitioners; Early Care and Learning and Child Welfare professionals; home visitors and healthcare workers; supervisors and administrators; policy makers, community officials, researchers and faculty… Likely, this means it’s for you!
We will gather in a Zoom Meeting for One and ½ Days and cover the basic nuts and bolts of IECMH-informed practice. Unlike a webinar, Zoom Meeting tools support creating an interactive “learning community” experience that nurtures learning, practicing, and reflection. The NYS-AIMH IECMH Basics includes lecture, small group breakout sessions, chat box input, and presentation of PowerPoint slides and video clips.
- What is Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH), where did it come from, and where it is going?
- What do we know about infant development? And what kinds of relationships do babies and very young children need to become strong and secure
- Attachment: The key to healthy Social-Emotional development.
- Trauma: It changes things – for children, families, and us!
- IECMH Best Practice Principles, and the NYS-AIMH Endorsement®. How we can strengthen our knowledge and understanding, and build our practices and programs so that infants and very young children in New York State have the nurturing and confident support they need!
This Track is for those of you who support the workforce: Anyone who serves as a coach, consultant, supervisor, or administrator. This could be in a program or organizational setting, or within a private practice
PRERQUISITE: Completion of Track 1
Participants in Track 2 attend Track 1, then stay for the afternoon of the second day, so they complete 2 Full Days.
Topics in Track 2 include
- How we can build IECMH-informed practice. What are we already doing well; what do we want our practices and programs to become?
- What do we need to sustain strong and safe reflective practice?
- What gets in the way? What can we begin to change and who can help us?
Enrollment is limited!
We have set a maximum of 50 participants. Please do register, and we will be happy to add additional people to a waiting list – and we’ll keep you posted if a place opens up!
What we need from you:
- Please register for the training dates that work best for you. We’ll confirm your registration – or place you on the waiting list.
- Once your registration is confirmed, we will send information on what you can expect for the training, as well as guidance and support for making a smooth Zoom connection. If you haven’t used Zoom before, you will be surprised at how easy it is to do!
- You’ll need to have a reliable internet connection, and a device on which to link to a Zoom meeting. Desk tops, laptops, notebooks, and smart phones all work!
- This is an interactive training. You will need to have both your video (camera) and audio on/shared during this training.
*Please note: All participants are expected to use both video and audio connection throughout the training! *