Date(s) - November 4 - November 5
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Offered throughout 2022 – see event calendar page for all date options
Thanks to the generosity of The New York State Council on Children and Families, through a Preschool Development Birth Through Five Renewal (NYSB5-R) grant, which originates with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration of Children and Families.
There are Three Tracks for the NYS-AIMH Basics Course.
Track 1: ____________________________________________________________________
This one is for everyone who works with, or on behalf of very young children, their families and their caregivers. Track 1 is for: Mental health, legal, and Early Intervention, practitioners; Early Care and Learning and Child Welfare professionals; home visitors and healthcare workers; supervisors and administrators; policy makers, community officials, researchers and faculty… Likely, this means it’s for you!
We will gather in a Zoom Meeting for One and ½ Days and cover the basic nuts and bolts of IECMH-informed practice. Unlike a webinar, Zoom Meeting tools support creating an interactive “learning community” experience that nurtures learning, practicing, and reflection. The NYS-AIMH IECMH Basics includes lecture, small group breakout sessions, chat box input, and presentation of PowerPoint slides and video clips.
- What is Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (IECMH), where did it come from, and where it is going?
- What do we know about infant development? And what kinds of relationships do babies and very young children need to become strong and secure
- Attachment: The key to healthy Social-Emotional development.
- Trauma: It changes things – for children, families, and us!
- IECMH Best Practice Principles, and the NYS-AIMH Endorsement®. How we can strengthen our knowledge and understanding, and build our practices and programs so that infants and very young children in New York State have the nurturing and confident support they need!
This Track is for those of you who support the workforce: Anyone who serves as a coach, consultant, supervisor, or administrator. This could be in a program or organizational setting, or within a private practice
PRERQUISITE: Completion of Track 1
Participants in Track 2 attend Track 1, then stay for the afternoon of the second day, so they complete 2 Full Days.
Topics in Track 2 include
- How we can build IECMH-informed practice. What are we already doing well; what do we want our practices and programs to become?
- What do we need to sustain strong and safe reflective practice?
- What gets in the way? What can we begin to change and who can help us?
Track 3: __________________________________________________________
Monthly Small Group IECMH Reflective Supervision Practice Consultations – for 1 Year!
Track 3 is for Supervisors, Coaches, and Administrators who are committed to developing and sharing their Reflective Practice in a small (no more than six), intimate, and committed group of professionals, facilitated and guided by a dedicated, NYS-AIMH Endorsed® Mentor-Clinical professional, or someone who has earned NYS-AIMH approval as a Reflective Supervision/Consultation (RSC) provider. These groups will serve to meet the RS/C requirements for The NYS-AIMH Endorsement®
PREREQUISITES: Completion of Track 2*
Submission of an Application to Participate
This is a wonderful opportunity for those ready to commit to monthly, 2-Hour meetings with their small group “team,” to share their work – celebrate successes, get help with challenges, -and hear others share their work; and to have their experiences held by a skilled facilitator.
ALL Tracks will be offered in Zoom.
Each Track 1 basics course has a maximum registration of 50 participants – so Register early!
* Track 3 is open to anyone who has completed the 2-Day NYS-AIMH IECMH Basics course
since we began offering it in December, 2019!