Date(s) - September 15
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Babies are telling us who they are all the time – how can we get to know them?
- Can we be playful – even in a setting without room for play?
- Can we use curiosity and “not knowing” – even in a time that seems to demand certainty?
This 2-part workshop with renowned Pediatrician, IMH practitioner, teacher, and author, Claudia Gold, MD, is for all who work with or on behalf of babies and young children! Whether you provide day care or healthcare; home visiting or early intervention; psychotherapy or child welfare, Dr. Gold will offer information and insights from her research and clinical practice that will strengthen and inspire your work!
Dr. Gold will share essential stepping stones for helping parents and practitioners get to know the babies in their care, including:
- Framing Theoretical Concepts of Infant Mental Health
- Framework for the Art of Listening
Dr. Gold will instruct us on these frameworks, and then apply them to real-world case scenarios. Using real stories and video examples of parent-child interviews, we will see how to translate concepts into practice, and “learn from parents who are learning from their children.” And, as participants, you will have opportunities to work in small practice groups to apply these IMH concepts using case examples from your own work!
5. 5 hours NYSED CEUs approved for LMSW/LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAT, and PSY. Full attendance at both sessions is required; no partial credit will be awarded for partial attendance.
Please join us! Registration has been extended through September 6, 2022. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
No refund can be made for cancellation seven or fewer working days before the event or for no-shows. Cancellations more than seven working days before a workshop will result in a refund, less a $15.00 cancellation fee. Requests for refunds must be received in writing.