The New York State Association for Infant Mental Health (NYS-AIMH) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen and promote social and emotional well-being for all children between the ages of 0-5 in a relational context in New York State. The NYS-AIMH promotes uniform and nationally recognized standards to ensure those engaged in the multidisciplinary fields supporting young children are trained in up-to-date science of child development and relationship-based practices. It provides professional development, creates a statewide competency system, and raises awareness about issues impacting young children and their families.
Plans for 2015-2016
- Develop a statewide organizational infrastructure and working organization
- Create a network of members interested in working on committees and building the infrastructure of the NYS-AIMH across New York State
- Develop additional aspects of the website i.e. resources for parents, professionals and a newsletter
- Develop crosswalks between existing training and competency systems and the NYS Endorsement System
- Begin mapping process to assess regional and statewide capacity for training and reflective supervision
- Increase our public awareness presence
- Take initial steps to begin to develop a network of Endorsed Professionals across New York State
- Increase development and funding opportunities
- Launch the NYS Endorsement System and advance the NYS-AIMH
The Endorsement holds us to a higher standard of practice. Being endorsed means we are better able to educate families on issues of infant mental health.
The Endorsement is helpful in implementing state policies and procedures and advocating for children ages 0-5.